Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Kicking weight losses rear

A few days a go I had a friend of mine from camp days message me on facebook saying she didn't know if this was awkward or strange but wanted to know if I had any tips for losing weight because she's noticed that I'm fit and healthy (<best compliment ever)

I know, another fitness related post. Oh well.


I admit, I wrote a novel to her. Honestly didn't mean to but I have so many tips that have worked for me. 

1) Make small changes
Make a small change like cutting out pop, eating breakfast, drink water, have a veggie at every meal...well maybe not breakfast, that's hard. 

2) Get moving
You don't need a gym to workout. Some people do and like that but be active. It's summer now-go ride bikes, go walk to get that bag of milk. Aim to get 10,000+ steps a day. There are tons of free online workouts videos to do at home too.

3) Write it down
There's a saying my gramma says if you bite it, write it. I found it really handy to write down everything I wrote. It helped me make better choices if I saw a had a cookie at lunch then I knew I really didn't need that pie at dinner. 

4) Take measurements
Sometimes the scale won't move-but you're getting smaller and losing mad centimetres but without taking measurements (bust, waist, hips, each thigh and arms) you won't know. Remember, losing inches gets you into smaller sizes. 


Making lifestyle changes is a marathon, it takes a while. Trust me. 2.5 years later and 41 pounds lighter, take it 1 day at a time. 

No comments: