Friday, May 23, 2014

The down side of weight loss

It's no secret that in the past few months I've really gotten serious about my weight and what I'm doing to my body by feeding it poor food. I actually love going to my gym classes at 6:30am before the day begins and eating paleo. Both have done amazing things for my body and mind.

 I don't eat "special" or "always workout" because I want attention, I eat well and workout because it's a healthy activity to do, helps us live longer and makes me feel all good and happy after a good burn, blah blah blah. I think thats normal. 

What really bums me out is the comments/questions people actually say or ask me about my weight and clean eating.

I'll gladly explain what paleo stands for and what I do at the gym. If you're curious about why I do or don't do something, I'll happily chat away, but I never shove my feelings down your throat. This is something I'm passionate about and I want to share with everyone. 

Lately though I've been people are getting bold with the types of questions they ask me and their comments are the same. So, let's use our filter and not be like my examples below and make someone feel like they're only looked at for their weight. 

"You know Sarah, I didn't think I'd ever see the day you would became skinny."-My Gramma

 "so what size (jeans) are you now?"-co worker. 
As I'm exiting the bathroom, ready to go home from work.

"You're way to skinny"-Hairdresser. 


Ya. 

Would we ever say to an overly obese person that they're too big now. Or ask them what size they wear after noticing said person has gained some pounds? No way we wouldn't. The same should go for the person who takes care of their body. I'm at the healthy weight for my BMI, and actually shouldn't be losing much more, and I eat well.

I've realized as the song goes, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. *excuse my french*

No comments: