Thursday, March 13, 2014

It ain't easy


This past weekend I went to a surprise party Karen's mom. Tons of fun and a great time to catch up with lots of people I have't seen in a while. 

During the afternoon, I had about 6 different people come up to me and comment about how good I look/ or were astounded with my weight loss and wanted to know what I've been doing. 

So I say 'well, I eat paleo about 80% of the time (as I was eating cake) and I've found some really challenging but fun classes at the ymca. ...mostly bootcamp and weight lifting." 

I guess some people think I woke up 39 pounds lighter and 10 sizes smaller because during these talks on saturday mostly everyone said something along the lines of how hard working out is, or that they hate veggies or don't have time to join a gym. 

Yes, working out is hard. It's not supposed to be easy. I hate veggies too but I know they're good for my body and health so I eat them. And you don't need a gym- I lost most of my weight by eating smaller portions and running a few times of week. 

It takes work, folks. Losing weight and changing bad habits is not easy. (Or else everyone would do it)  Cutting grains from my diet was tough but after a few weeks my body didn't crave them anymore. Working out is not easy, my saturday bootcamp class is a killer but it's changed my body so I keep going back. 

I feel I'm being a tad harsh but it's in a loving way. 

If you want something bad enough, go get it. 

Eat better. Go exercise. Better yet-aim to walk 10,000 steps a day. Drink more water. Make one change a week and do that thing for 7 days. Then add in a new thing. 

It's hard at first but then it becomes your lifestyle. I used to dread hitting the gym but now I'm there at least 4-5x a week because it keeps the stress down and it's just part of my weekly schedule. 
~

As much as I feel I'm touting my own horn- I'm not. I eat junk food, I like cake for birthdays and have days where my makeup looks good and I really don't want to mess it up by sweating. I struggle too. 
But I treat myself. I allow myself a treat meal every few days and next weekend I'll probably have a green beer for st. paddy's day. 

No comments: