Thursday, January 30, 2014

What happens when your friends get engaged.

In a span of 2 months my best friend and Alex's best friend both got engaged. Yay for attending weddings, boo for planning them.

He always pushes his head sotight against mine. It hurts.

And as much as I'm so so happy for both couples, it gets annoying for many reasons.

#1) I like weddings, a lot. I love pinning ideas for my non existent wedding and going on How He Asked.com to tear up at the really cute and romantic proposals but wedding's are not all I want to talk about. 

I was glad that when grabbed lunch with karen for her birthday yesterday, the wedding didn't come up at all. That was nice. 

#2) I also think that "the engaged" think just because they have popped the question or have the ring that all other couples will follow suit quickly after. So we're asked when it'll be my turn and what's happening with you guys. All.the.time.

and here's the thing, I'm not ready to be engaged. I don't want to right now. And there is nothing wrong with that. I'm happy dating. I'm sure that'll change, but hey, that's another post for another time. 


So what happens....you start over analyzing your relationship, having serious talks that you've already had and maybe feeling like you're less of a couple then those already engaged. That they're more serious (kinda) but it gets in your head. And it sucks. 

So those engaged, go easy on your friends who aren't. Don't pressure them to get that ring. 

-What happened when you're friends got engaged. Same things happen?





No comments: