Sunday, December 29, 2013

The half-marathoner who hates running.

Whew----not sure that's even a word but let's pretend it is. No Christmas re-cap here. I'm sure everyone will be doing them come later this week. But, Santa was good to me. I had 3 dinner's with my family back to back which was great at times but a lot of family time. I did get a Canon t3 rebel so no more Iphone pictures!
~

Right now I'm texting my boyfriend Alex and being lectured about not going to running group again this morning. I had my alarm set for 7:15am to leave enough time to get ready and when that annoying alarm went off I tried (really I did) to get out of bed and get ready. That didn't happen and I went back to bed for another 2 hours. I feel bad because I haven't run in almost 3 weeks. Getting up there to my longest hiatus of not running. 

Running right now is boring, it's cold and I hate every second of it as well as everyone else I ran with. It's annoying to be running in a group with people complaining about this and that. But when I go to the Y and do BodyPump or Bootcamp I'm all over that stuff. It's hard but I love doing it. For example, tomorrow I have planned to do a noon class and so excited already for it. 

I do think I've burned myself out, running 3 half marathons in 2013 and maybe I need a break. I'll 100% go back to training for another half marathon but right now I'm really enjoying building muscle.
I would rather do workouts that I love than torture myself with doing workouts I hate. 

So on one hand I miss running and the other hand I love going to the Y so my plan to get the best of both worlds is do run with my group during there smaller milage runs and continue lifting at the Y. That sounds do able. 

No comments: