Monday, October 21, 2013

1:57:43!


That was my time for yesterday's ScotiaBank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon...and beating my goal of finishing under 2 hours. I am so happy....very sore as you can imagine but soooo happy for seeing a "1" in my finishing time. 

I honestly could not have finished in 1:57 without my awesome dad who ran and paced me so we would cross the finish line by 2 hours. He was a pain, especially when he said "17km is up there, no more running every 10 minutes, we have only 30 minutes left" but in the end running the last 4km was crucial and it had to be done. 

It feels so good to see all my hard work pay off, of running hills and doing speed work during the past 4 months. I had doubts of finishing sub-2 hours but hey, I did it and that my friends is my new PB (personal best) 

Next goals? I'm still thinking about that. I'm not giving up running. No, not at all. But I want to start getting muscles and doing bootcamp workouts. What I'm thinking is running with the running group Wednesday's and Sunday's and joining the YMCA for group classes and fitting those classes in during the week. My next half will be the Chilly Half on March 2nd, 2014. 

Hmmm, what should my next goal time be? 1:55? 1:50?! 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

THat is AWESOME lady!!! Great job!!

Canvases And Controversies said...

awesome job ! you've inspired me to run a marathon one day lol ... not any day soon .. but some day i'll get on your level !

Unknown said...

seriously, that is awesome! it's also so great that your dad ran with you! my family isn't very athletic. but i love to run! hope i can get under 2hrs too!

grace and gratitude said...

congratulations sarah.
i've always wanted to run a marathon but then i think about the time i ran a 400m race and nearly died.
i'll continue to live vicariously through you.
:)