Friday, June 28, 2013

Who knew a magazine could have me in tears.


If you read Runner's World, this months issue is a good one. Every article is based off April Boston Marathon and I seriously have not put it down. 

I can't believe it's been a little over 2 months since the bombings because for me, it feels longer. 
I read this at work yesterday and while reading the 6 page oral history of April 15th, which started in at 6:15am monday and went to 9:00am tuesday made me cry. Seeing the map of the bombs and realizing I walked those streets last year scared the crap out of me. 

But then I read something, read that, that feeling of being scared is what terrorism wants us to feel. So, we can't let them win. And Boston won't. 

I loved the article where the author imagined what next year will be like, Boston 2014 will be huge! We thought the crowds were awesome before? Just wait. I need my dad to qualify again this year. If not, road trip to Boston in April to cheer. 

Boston will be better than ever!

*totally just reviewed Runner's World...I should get next years issues for free. 

No comments: