Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The month of June hates my family

I'm so glad that I have an outlet like blogging where I can write to express feelings at all times.
So thanks blogger.

As most of you know, my grandpa hannon has been in and out of the hospital for the past 3.5 months with chest and bladder infections. He'll get stronger and therefore get released from the hospital and a few weeks or even days, he's back in the hospital. It hurts to see him wasting away and it kills me to see my dad be strong and comfort his family when his own dad is so sick. That is the type of man he is. 

Well, I got home from class today, made a healthy lunch when my mom called to say that Grandpa was on his way back to the hospital and the doctors aren't sure what else they can do for his infections. Needless to say I broke down. 

I went to visit my grandpa before my night shift and he was so weak looking. I went up to the bed and said hello, asked how he was (always feel dumb doing that, because he's not doing well.) He didn't say anything but instead reached up to grab my hand. Totally started balling my eyes out. That gesture was so sincere to me. 

My Grandpa is the best. Honestly, what this man has gone through in his life-from being paralyzed on his right side of body from fighting in WWII to never giving up when things didn't go right, is an example to me in my own struggles.

I'm asking for those who pray to lift up my Grandpa Hannon. Even some positive thoughts would mean so much. 

2 comments:

Canvases And Controversies said...

aw stay strong sarah. i'll keep your grandpa in my prayers. and always remember to cherish the time you do get to spend with loved ones :)

Unknown said...

Praying so hard for him! Let me know if you need anything!