Monday, June 3, 2013

Good deed of the day.

I have the best warm and fuzzy story to tell. 

Today on the subway ride home from class and spin class (in which I almost chucked up today's breakfast) I sat beside a middle aged man who was content playing fruit ninja on his phone for the 20 minute ride I was with him. When he got up at Greenwood station, I didn't think anything of it until the old lady across from me asked if my wallet had fallen. Looked down and nope, not my Roots wallet. 

Quickly, I opened it to get any of his ID out and found his health card. She said the wallet belonged to the man who just got up. Luckily, I was getting off at the next stop and handed it to a TTC worker. After explaining whose it was, I went on my way. Hoping the man would be reunited with his wallet later in the day. 

As soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw the man chasing down the subway train asking for it to stop because duh, his wallet was on. 

I got his attention and said I just returned it in the office and he was so grateful looking.

As I sat in the 70a bus waiting for the driver to finish his smoke, I hurt a tap on the window from outside and saw the man. He looked so grateful and so relieved and blow me a kiss saying thank you. 

As much as I helped that man, it made me so happy to know he got his wallet back with nothing missing. 

See, Toronto does have good people living in the city. 

No comments: