Monday, October 15, 2012

Project Pinterest: Pumpkin Cookie

Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend. Mine started normal: homework saturday along with date night and I ran my first half marathon Sunday! (re-cap to come)

I'm linking up with AP for Project Pinterest to show you my yummy pumpkin cookies I made for Thanksgiving last week.




You will need:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter; softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cherries; roughly chopped

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line your baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract; mix well. Add flour mixture; combine until all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in white chocolate chips and dried cherries.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.















I want one now! They are the perfect fall cookie, very harvest-y, I must say. All off my family loved them, even Alex's little nephews kept coming back for more!
















3 comments:

Karen said...

Those cookies look yummy - are they super pumpkiny tasting though? I'm not a huge pumpkin fan... so I'm always worried about pumpkin cookies lol. Can't wait to hear about your half-marathon!! I was actually in Toronto this weekend and I totally thought of you running on Sunday morning :)

Anonymous said...

I bought a can of Pumpkin Puree today. I am searching for a good recipe to try now :)

Stopped by from ILYMTC link up!

Sarah said...

must admit- not a huge pumpkin fan but i tried the spice cake & canned pumpkin muffins from pinterest and i thought those were great. so who knows- maybe i'd like the cookies too!
stopped by from ilymtc!