Monday, June 4, 2012

The BFF's 1st 5k


I had such a great weekend. My "roomies" aka my parents went to Buffalo early saturday to sunday around dinnertime, so it was nice to have the house to myself. Karen came over and we watched the vow, stayed up till 2am and enjoyed some adult drinks.

But...the best thing this weekend was that Karen ran her first 5k! *

She ran the whole thing without stopping in 30:34. I on the hand kept getting really bad cramps. The ones where it hurt to exhale and when we got to the biggest hill at the finish line I needed to walk.

I finished in 30:58, not my best time but I am so glad to run it with karen.

So proud ofher!

*Karen has never been active at all and when she said she wanted to run a 5k I told her to download couch to 5k app. She went from not being able to run 3 minutes straight, looking at the next few weeks plans and being so afraid of not being able to run for 6 minutes straight to now running  5k in 30 minutes.

If you are thinking of running a 5k, download this app. It is amazing. Just give yourself 8-9 weeks and you''ll be there.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Karen said...

Good for you guys!! She was probably very motivated to have her bff running with her too :)

Katie said...

Way to go for your bff! Your comment about the Couch to 5k program is so right. If you stick with it you will be able to run a 5k. It worked for me.