Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back to the grind.

Well here it is. School has started up again for me and thousands of others. I've enjoyed my 5 weeks off. I know, I got lucky. I have so many friends that were lucky to get 2.5 weeks off and had to go back late last week in order to make it back in time.

I'm proud that I accomplished all my goals for the break. I ran 3 and sometimes 4 times a week, more than 5k. I finished Friday Night Lights! Cried like a baby. I gave to charity. I rested.

I had a wonderful few weeks spending time with family and friends. Loved staying up till 2am and getting up a 11am. Loved taking my time to get ready to go out. Loved enjoying one to many beers.

But...

School's back. Boo.

I had a good 1st semester of university. I learned a whole lot. Not just about my field but I learned so much about myself. How I learn. What works and what doesn't. I learned not to be caught up in other peoples issues about organization. I learned that it's okay to take a night off work to catch up on readings and its fine to tell your boss you aren't coming back to Thursday's evening. School comes first. I learned that God will understand if I miss worship on Sunday mornings to write an essay, isn't that why we have Sunday evening worship? I kid.

This semester is a bit different as I have placement in a daycare Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8am-4pm. With a lunch break and two 15 minute breaks! So excited to take a walk during lunch and maybe do some homework too. Meaning classes all day mondays and thursday. Thankfully I only have a tourial on Friday's from 1-2pm.

Enough about my class schedule.

I hope to keep running. After all, running is helping me lose weight. I've already mapped out when I will have the time to excercise. Sadly, I can't do it in my two hour break on Thursdays. I smell really bad after I run.

Is it sad that I'm already counting down the days weeks till I'm done?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope this semeter goes by so fast for you!

Meg said...

Ah school, lol. I'm back to the grind to and I don't want to be!

Just keep running girl, I have complete faith you can keep it up!

Just keep learning, you will be a grown up all on your own (like I am now) and it is so over rated, lol.