Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Link up-Traditions


I'm linking up for the three week with Becky and Aly :)
This week is all about traditions!
~

I love traditions. Life wouldn't be the same without them...at least for me! This might sound like a Christmas re-cap but we've done the same thing every year, so ya, it's a tradition.

Every Christmas eve, my mom's side of the family goes to my aunts house for a great evening. The evening is filled with my loud family, playing pool with the cousins, watching a Christmas special or sports if my male cousins get the remote and of couse yummy finger food.

My grandma also makes everyone a stocking to open. I'm no lying when I say she starts January 2nd.  It's filled to the brim with our favourite soaps, razor blades, gift cards to timmy hoes (Tim Hortons) or starbucks for me!

I seriously love Christmas eve! I love it because for the evening it's all about family, which is the reason for Christmas.
~
Christmas morning though is hands down my favourite part of the whole Christmas memories.

Of course, I wake up at 7:30 and wait...and wait...and wait for my brother and my parents to wake up. Who sleeps in on Christmas?! Never understood that!

While my mom makes our egg McMuffins with grapefruit and coffee we open our own stockings that mama Hannon puts together. 

I have no clue how or why my mom makes egg McMuffins on Christmas morning! I'm not complaining, I love it!

After breakfast I rush everyone downstairs to see what Santa left. Here we spend time slowly opening our presents and enjoying our time as the 4 5 of us.

After showers and makeup, we head to my dad's parents nursing home to give them their presents and spend time with them.

Now it's around 1pm and we head down to my mom's parents to open gifts there and later have Christmas dinner.

We get home around 9pm and head to bed. It's such a busy day but I wouldn't have anyway else.

5 days left! and I haven't started wrapping..opps!






Photobucket

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This makes me happy. I love love loooove traditions. Yours remind me a lot of ours...there's nothing better! Merry, merry Christmas to you!