Monday, October 10, 2011

happy thanksgiving!

Happy thanksgiving day to my Canadian friends! It doesn't feel like thanksgiving as we are having a beautiful Indian Summer. Seriously, its 25C today while normal for this time of the year is 15C!

Yesterday, wasn't just Sunday but "suffyourfaceday."

We had my moms side of the family over for a great meal that was yummy (as always.)
My family didn't get to see a lot of each other this summer so it was nice to catch up. I'm always thankful my brother comes to our dinners even though he lives 1.5 hours away. Danielle was working the night shift that night so she couldn't make it. Apparently she got her wedding dress though!

The food? was great. Of course it was because my mom made it but having a new stove not from the 1970's might have something to do with it ;)

I got some nice pictures that I'll share. None of me though since I got my haircut on saturday and it looks horrible. I asked for side-sweeped bangs, and wanted my hair cut to my collarbone. Now? My hair hits my jaw line and my bangs, hit about .5 inch above my eyebrows. HATE IT! I cried after. And you better believe I "googled" how to make hair grow faster.

Enough about me though.

Every Sunday Karen writes the dates for my sermon notes. This year
Last year
My Grandma made me a (mini) cherry pie for myself!


of course I played with Adam and Grace :)
It was a wonderful day to remember what we are thankful about.
Today's agenda is homework! And helping my hair grow :(

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Sarah! Made my way over from Laura's blog!! Thanks for your comment on my guest post... it was a horrible, horrible, situation... I think the worst part was at the time I was on the board of directors for the SPCA, so I couldn't go to newschannels and papers with what happened bc it would have looked like "war of the shelters" and I didn't want any shelter to suffer... enough pets are already suffering!

Anyways, cute blog you have here. And MMMM that mini cherry pie looks great!! Happy Thanksgiving :)

Perfectly Jenn said...

at first when I read your title I was like "what?" but then I remembered where you live! I'm so special sometimes!
I hope you had a great holiday!