Sunday, May 29, 2011

I'll miss them

                                  There are a few things these days that are justing getting me down.
Nothing big, but just things that make me a wee bit down.
*

I feel like all my neighbours are moving these days. Well if you count 3 to be all of them, but it feels like a lot.
Let's start with R. R has lived across the street from my family for 20 years. He's a single guy who is moving into a condo in the fall. For the time being he will be living with his brother about 30 mins away untill the condo is 100% done. Last week, R put the house up for sale. The open houses were saturday and sunday and both had loads of people looking at the house. I don't really talk to R, except for the wave, smile and hi but I'll miss shoveling for him during the winter.

Next is my Auntie Pat. She's not really my aunt but the sotry is, my grandparents owned her house years a go and sold it to Pat's mom. Pat later bought the house when her mom died and has lived there for close to 40 years. Last winter Pat had a bad fall and was in the hospital for weeks. Her nephew, who stops by a lot, thought putting Pat in the nursing home would be best. She's in there now and liking it. G and D (nephew and his wife) were suppsosed to move into Pat's house, that changed. Last week, a man drove up and was talking to G, he said his sister-in-law was looking to move into this area, would G know of any houses that were being put on the market? Oh he did. Pat's house. Right then and there G said "you can buy this one." Yup, that's right, no agents, all under the table. That's the second one to leave.

Last is my neighbour who lives two doors down from me. This one is sad. M was married for decads to J. J had a temper and anger issues. He was the one who beat her, and at one time threaten to shot her with his hunting gun. The police and SWAT team was called. He had no friends, no family came around because he was so grumpy. I remember one time my cousins are I were playing tag on the street. My cousin Brandon

No comments: