Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

Yesterday was a good great day.
Every year I look forward to Good Friday.
Every year on GF all the Churches of Christ meet in a HUGE high school in Mississauga, to worship, listen and be social!

It's an all day affair. Starting at 9 and ending at 3. This year we had the opportunity to hear from three speakers. There was Earl Lavender who is the Director of Missions at Lipscomb University in Nashville. He brought along Jackie Halstead who is the an Associate Professor there too. The last speaker was Jonathon Starker who is a missionary from Japan and is a CofC member too. The lessons this year were awesome, powerful and most important encouraging. I missed the ladies lesson that Jackie lead because the BFF Karen and I were teaching too. I head that is was really enjoyable.

While the lessons are going on for the adults there are classes for children too (it would be horrible having 100+ kids crying, talking during the adult lessons). From 9m-18 years old. The ages are split up so that all young people have lessons that reflect what is going on in their life. This year Karen and I taught the 3 and 4 year olds. We had three really cute kids for an hour. It went great! It helped that we gave out Jelly Beans at the end and allowed them to snack on them before class started.

As soon as I got home, the parents were waiting so that we could go to the aunts for Easter dinner. We usually have dinner on Sunday but this year she was busy then. Friday was the only day. I was excited because I could have weighed in at ww saturday (today) and have dinner Sunday which left me all week to burn off the calories. I had less than 12 hours to burn off dinner this time. Needless to say I didn't burn them off and gained 2 pounds. Don't worry I'll lose them this week!

Dinner was great as always. The brother and fiance couldn't come (long story) so that got me bummed out but the cousins came which was fun. I didn't get any pictures from yesterday but I can say it was a good day!
I hope everyone had a wonderful time with family and friends!

Now I'm resting up!
happy saturday!


1 comment:

Meg said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I am glad you had a good Easter weekend. Spending time with family is always sweet.