Friday, March 25, 2011

Good thoughts.

I just finished day 25 of Love at Last Sight. Today was talking about the art of letting go. Specially letting go of Insecurity.

In my daily walk as a young Christian women, that is my biggest issue :being insecure. I realize now from reading today's chapter that I am a people pleaser. I want everyone to like me, accept me and I want to do a good job around them. I also care a little to much about what people think about me.

"her outfit is ____"
"she has a few blemishes"
"sarah's face is to fat"
"it wouldn't hurt her to lose ten pounds"

Talk about being insecure. Talk about trying to please everyone!

But you know what? It's impossible to please everyone. Even God can't please everyone. It rains-some are happy because their grass needs to be watered but others are upset because the rain ruined their afternoon plans.

I kept reading farther into what day 25 was about and I came across this paragraph that really spoke to me:

"When I realize how much God loves me, it frees me to let go of what people think about me"

I honestly can't get this saying out of my head. It's what I've needed to hear for a long time. Now I know God loves me, but for some reason I truly feel him loving me. I hear him telling me to let go of my insecurities, giving them over to him and not caring what people think about me anymore.

So, today marks the first day in learning to not care about what people think about me.I'm going to develop the attitude of "this is me-take it or leave it."  It'll be tough but I know with God anything is possible.


happy friday!

No comments: